Monday, March 31, 2014

I spend a lot of time looking at the photographs of other people whom I admire.  I sometimes wish I were able to easily visit visually interesting places that are very different from here. The photographers I like a lot travel all over the place, but also find their own backyards worth recording.  I am trying to do that too, as I have and continue to do with Kingsley Plantation.  But, looking back over old negatives is almost like taking a trip to make pictures that I couldn't have made from here, or from our house in New York.  This one is a detail of one of the many falls at Tremen Glenn in the Finger Lakes region of New York.  I may have posted it here a long time ago, but even so, it's been redesigned by cropping, and toning in the way I've been doing for the past few years and is very different than originally printed.  



No comments: