Sunday, February 13, 2011

I've had the pleasure of revisiting older work as I've not had the time to create new.  It's really interesting how the incubation and development of one's perception of a creative artifact/image unfolds.  I like these two photographs a lot more now than when I took them, and, to be honest, I've cropped them somewhat from the 4x5 compostions of the original negatives.  It gives the lie, to me at least, that vintage work is somehow more authentic and valuable to gallerists/dealers than more considered and mature work that shows up much later.

But, that aside, these two images represent a soon to be season that is incredibly welcome to us who used to think we inhabited a temperate climate of gentle seasons,. WRONG!  Spring just can't come soon enough and to hell with the damn Punxatawny bigasss rat who may indicate otherwise!



No comments: