Sunday, October 25, 2015

As I now have an annual pass to Florida state parks, I feel compelled to visit those nearby as often as I can. I made this yesterday at Little Talbot Island SP when the tide was nearly all the way out. As swimming is discouraged, and fishermen gravitate to other places, it's often nearly deserted,  I did, however,  meet some nice people who had an interest in photography which was an unexpected bonus.  The strand is quite large at low tide, and the feeling of solitude is magnified by the vast expanse.  (Film)



3 comments:

Anti C said...

It was wonderful to meet you on Saturday. Had I seen these beautiful photos first, I probably would not have had the courage to march right up and ask what you were doing. These are awesome, in the literal sense of the word: I am in awe of the way that you capture the beautiful light on Florida's waterways. I remember mentioning my disenchantment with my short incursion into photography several years ago... "That photograph has already been taken," and your explanation of the creativity with which you approach photography. Though it's probably best I stick with pottery, your answer was inspirational.

Anti C said...

I just read the John Wood comment. Perfect.

John Voss said...

Thank you for such kind words, Anti. Nobody gets good at anything worth doing quickly, but staying with something that interests you will be rewarding over time. I'll bet you could to an interesting series on your pottery making. Just don't be discouraged by the early going. It gets a lot better with experience and reflection.