Friday, February 25, 2011

Of late, and as described previously, I've been revisiting old negatives some of which have been printed before.  It's just amazing, though, how I see some of  these images in a very different way now than I did when I took them.  I regard cropping and recomposing my original conception as a valid and appropriate exercise. Other photographers see that as heresy...a failure of original vision, as if, in some otherworldly state of omniscience, complete perfection was imperative from the moment of exposure.  Well then, I'm guilty of that sin, but, I think it's one I shall not beat a "mea culpa" on my chest about.  Here then are a couple of photographs that I will work on in the darkroom tomorrow.  One has been posted here, I think, a long time ago in a very different way, and the other is posted for the first time.  I hope you like them. 




No comments: