Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sunday, the 15th of March, was a gorgeous and springlike day. I couldn't wait to get out of the house and exercise myself and the camera which I did with great pleasure. Before I hiked at Goose Pond Mountain State Park, I stopped at the bottom of the "hill" we live on to photograph these images at Walton Lake. The top image is of a fence that separates the public access part of the lake from someone's teensy little postage stamp plot of lake front. The bottom image is of two of the aluminum fishing boats that have wintered over rather badly topside up in the rain and snow. A couple of guys have some serious bailing to do!







3 comments:

zz said...

John - greetings from St. Louis. I have been following your blog for a while now and enjoy your photos very much. I shoot 4x5 B&W as well and just love it. I have been out of it for several years - as I have 2 kids and a wife that needed me more than my photography, but recently got back into it again, as my son is interested in it, and I have missed it much. Please keep posting the wonderful pictures. You're an inspiration.

-Dave L.

John Voss said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Dave. If you start posting images, let me know. Also...check out APUG.org, and http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/

It's really good to have support for traditional techniques in this digital age.

zz said...

John,

Yep - I'm already following those sites. I agree - it really is good to have support for this stuff, because it really is a craft. It just takes time and patience. Unfortunately we live in a world today, that thrives on instant gratification.

-Dave