Saturday, January 31, 2009

Here are another two from the negative files. These were never printed for reasons I can't exactly recall, but I think I was looking for pristine leaves, and these weren't. But I no longer care about perfect leafy greens, and so these will become prints today! It's also a good thing to look at them on a day which will not top the low 20s in temperature, and be reminded that spring will return eventually....yup...yessir....I think so....

It's a cautionary tale, too, for digital photographers that the files that get deleted are gone for good. I keep my film negatives forever (unless they're totally wrecked somehow, but that almost never happens), and when I revisit them perhaps years hence I find that some have become appealing to me as I've grown and evolved in photography. Were I to have tossed them, I'd have needlessly lost a record of past visual exploration that may just have needed time to mature, and be recognized.



3 comments:

Susan said...

Both are beautiful! I think they're the flora equivalent of your water series, in that they're close-in, and a bit abstract. A new series is born?

Gail said...

These photos speak to me of my childhood here,all along rt 17 this was all you saw.Is this Pine Island? These photos make me ITCH to garden,spring can't come fast enough :o)

John Voss said...

Yes, Gail, these are from Pine Island. Thanks for looking, and commenting.